“I Can” Girls Conference
October 30, 2021
10:00 am to 2:00 pm pst
Just in case you missed the 2021 Girls I CAN Conference ~ True Colors you can watch the workshop videos below:
We encourage girls to Embrace Their Unique Differences.
Our girls programs include
- Stepping Into Your Full Positive Power
- YOUniquly Embodied
- Leader Lab
- Yoga & Mindfulness
- Stress Release
- Being a Social Justice Kid
- Candid Compliments
- Social Media
- Mirror Image
- Finding Your Unique Treasure
- Body Image
This event is free to all girls and made possible by donations and sponsorships.
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More About the Conference
We make a coordinated effort to work with girls from all socio-economic backgrounds including at-risk girls from over 35 foster care and non-profit agencies
Female role models are invited to address many of the issues young girls encounter from peer pressure to insecurity about their looks, school performance and relationships. Our programs are fun and interactive. This program enables girls to discover their talents and strengths.
Did you know?
- Over 70% of girls suffer from low self-esteem
- From 2007 to 2017 alone, suicide rates have doubled among teen girls
Why is the issue of Self-Esteem in young girls so important to us?
Statistics from National Association for Self-Esteem
- 90% of eating disorders are found in girls
- 75% of teenage girls felt ‘depressed, guilty and shameful’ after spending just three minutes leafing through a fashion magazine.
- 70% of girls ages 15 to 17 avoid normal daily activities such as attending school, going to the doctor, or even giving their opinion “due to feeling badly about one’s looks.
- While only 19% of teenage girls are “overweight,” 67% think they “need to lose weight”
Since 2006 the Women’s Journey Foundation has helped thousands of girls overcome feelings of inadequacy and self-doubt.
- To believe in myself. Hunter H. Age 10
- That I have the courage I never knew I had. Sarah W. Age 13
- I’m amazing in many ways. Kasidy W. Age 12
- Be yourself and women are as great as men. Nicole O. Age 10
- To be myself and women are good at things too. Natalie G. Age 11
- That you should follow your dreams even when people tell you no. Cailyn. Age 9
- That no matter what obstacles come in your path of life, if you have faith in yourself and enough determination, you can overcome anything. Alesha A. Age 16
- People talk to us and listen. Janice C. Age 17
- Was to not give up on myself and that it is possible for anyone to be something in life. Ingrid L. Age 17
- To love myself no matter what. I also learned that everyone is special. Victoria F. Age 14
- If I trust myself, I can do better at everything I do. Sierra H.
- It takes confidence, desire and determination to achieve that which seems impossible. Rebecca F. Age 17